The Barges

Display:
Lady of the Lea

Official No. 722956 23 ton, Built of wood at Rotherhithe in 1931 by Hyam & Oliver for the War Department, 72′ by 13′ Lady of the Lea was built for the carriage of explosives from Waltham Abbey and…
  • Hits
    277
  • Rating
  • Comments
    0
Repertor

Official No. 145404, 69 ton. Built of steel at Mistley in 1924 by Horlock SB Repertor was the first of a fleet of seven steel barges built for Horlocks of Mistley. Her name is a Latin word meaning…
  • Hits
    291
  • Rating
  • Comments
    0
Greta

Official No. 98324, 46 ton. Built of wood at Brightlingsea in 1892 by Stone 80 x 18.7 x 5.6 Owned by the L.R.B.C. Converted to motor barge in C’51. Re-rigged Allington by Tony Ryan. Greta was one…
  • Hits
    298
  • Rating
  • Comments
    0
Ironsides

Official No. 112710, 78 ton.  Built of dutch iron at West Thurrock in 1900 by Clarke  & Stanfield  85 x 20.3 x 6.4. RONSIDES was built by Stanfield and Clarke, Grays, Essex in 1900 and sold to…
  • Hits
    284
  • Rating
  • Comments
    0
Mirosa

Official No. 96488, 49 ton. Built as the Ready at Maldon in 1892 by John Howard MIROSA was built in 1892 at Maldon, Essex by John Howard. Originally called “the READY” she was built primarily for…
  • Hits
    275
  • Rating
  • Comments
    0